All Blackberry activations must include the purchase of a BES license.
Blackberry Enterprise licenses can be purchase directly through CDWG or by e-mailing DUCoM's Verizon Representative at Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have received your Blackberry Enterprise Client Access License, please contact CoM-IT Technical Services at (215)762-1999 or by visiting the CoM-IT Support Portal.
Activate Blackberry device (Phone and Voicemail)
1. Verify that the antenna is turned ON and there is a 1X symbol in the upper right-hand corner
2. You should automatically recieve a Welcome message stating that your device has been registered
3. Call *228 from the device and follow the prompts to complete activation
4. Dial *86 to begin your voicemail setup.
For additional assistance with activation contact Verizon Customer Service by dialing *611 from the device or 800-922-0204
Activating Wireless E-mail
Attach the BES License code received with your Blackberry to the CoM-IT Technical Services Ticket. Once this is submitted, you will receive an activation e-mail with a activation password.
Follow these steps to activate your handheld on the server:
1. Open Options (Wrench icon) on the device
2. Click on Enterprise Activation
3. Enter your full Drexelmed.edu email address (email@example.com)
4. Enter the password that was provided in the activation email
5. Open the Menu and select Activate
Once the activation process begins you will see a completion percentage appear on the screen. The whole process may take anywhere from 10 mins to 1 hour to complete. When the process done you will see a message informing you that your "Activation is Complete".